To be honest, I never pictured myself buying a pair of cargo pants. When the trend first appeared, I didn’t even give it a second glance! But when I was perusing the racks at Bergdorf’s last week, I happened upon this pair of army fatigue-inspired pants and decided to give them a whirl. I was wearing this black bodysuit and lug sole boots that day, and I’m so glad I did! If I hadn’t had those items to try the pants on with I might not have taken them home. I slipped them on, and I thought the whole ensemble was SO cool. I felt like a total badass in them! The tapered leg is a nice detail that keeps these pants from looking costume-y… Not to mention the fabric is the softest cotton and also pretty thick, making them a toasty option for frigid New York temps. I wore this outfit on Friday afternoon + evening and it was the perfect day-to-night look! So comfortable too.
If this is a trend you might be interested in trying, below are a few additional cargo styles that caught my eye!
- If you’re looking for a similar pair to mine and are on a budget, check out this pair currently on sale for under $50!
- On the hunt for an everyday pair? This style is as versatile as your fave pair of blue jeans.
- If you love a wide leg look, this style is under $100!
- Citizens of Humanity has a couple of really great versions! Check out this pair and this pair.
- These pants are on sale right now and look super comfortable!
- This cropped wide leg style is another fashion forward option, if you’re into that!