It’s the holiday season, which means it’s time to bring out your most festive fabrics! From tinsel-y tweeds to luscious velvet, from sparkly sequins to sexy satin, there’s a party-ready look for everyone. Below are my top five holiday party picks featuring festive fabrics this season!
- Tinsel Tweed Blazer – I bought this blazer along with several other things from Banana Republic a couple weeks back, and was so impressed with the quality! I definitely feel like they’ve stepped it up their game in the last couple of years. I love it with the skirt, but it also looks amazing when thrown over a pair of jeans or a sleek pair of winter white pants like these I wore to a holiday party a couple weekends ago! It’s surprisingly easy to style and very versatile. It’s also just a hint of subtle sparkle and not in your face *holiday*, which I appreciate! The fit of this blazer is oversized – I’m wearing a 6 and love it!
- Sequin Chevron Stripe Sweater – While this sweater definitely has some holiday flair, it’s a bright and happy piece you can wear right on into spring. The lavender + red combo is to die for, unique and very on trend! Style it with a red pleated skirt or pants for a holiday gathering, and then pair it with blue jeans and a fun pair of flats come spring.
- Blue Velvet Midi Dress – Speaking of unexpected colors, this steel blue midi dress is a total knockout! This silhouette is so elegant and would be a great choice for an office holiday party. It’s another piece you can wear well beyond the holiday season, making sure you get your money’s worth!
- Metallic Faux Leather Jacket – I’m allllll about a cropped leather jacket right now, which is 100% thanks to this Khaite jacket I’ve been obsessing over for months. It’s definitely out of my price range, but luckily lots of less expensive labels have been recreating the silhouette! This metallic version from MANGO is such a cute cut and perfect for party season.
- Sequin Wide Leg Pants – You know what they say… go big or go home! I tried these red sequin pants on when I was in New York in October, and they are F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! I regret not buying them, but now I need to focus my finances on my two moves happening right now… bummer. Please, someone buy these and enjoy them for me!!!