This trench was my very first purchase when I got here at the end of September! Partly because I arrived to a monsoon in New York City, but also because I couldn’t resist adding this caped style to my trench coat collection. Y’all know I’m a big fan of trench coats – I’ve waxed nostalgic about them repeatedly at this point so I won’t bore you with the same details! Let’s just say they’re the perfect topper that adds instant polish to any outfit, and perfect for city dwelling when you’re walking everywhere. The cape detail is actually detachable, so you can consider this a convertible trench, but I don’t know why you would remove it! That’s what I absolutely love about it. As far as sizing goes, I went with the small and it fits fabulously over blouses and sweaters alike!
Trench weather really is the best, isn’t it? I like it to be cool enough for a topper, but not so cold I need super heavy layers… and luckily that’s what we’ve been experiencing in New York the last couple of weeks. I’m heading back to Texas one week from today, and while I’m eager to have access to the rest of my closet, I know I’ll miss these cooler temps! I do hear a cold front is coming though, so fingers crossed it sticks around. If you’re in the market for a new trench, shop some additional styles I’m eyeing below!
- This pleat-back trench is absolutely stunning! A great basic that’s not at all boring.
- If you love to sparkle and shine, don’t miss this embellished trench for the holiday season! It also comes in black if that’s more your speed.
- On a budget? This MANGO trench is a classic and under $250!
- This leather trench is super luxe… so chic!
- If you live in a wet climate, don’t miss this water-repellent style!
- Red is the color of the moment, so don’t miss this new style from PatBo! So fun for a holiday party/event!
- Love the colorblocked look of this J.Crew trench!
- This camel wool trench is a beautiful fall-to-winter style that will hold up in chillier temps!
- The pearl trim on this trench is so feminine and darling!