Happy Thursday! I thought it might be fun to take a trip down memory lane and highlight some of my favorite moments, outfits, purchases and more from the past year. I hope you enjoy looking back on 2017 with me – here’s to another fabulous year ahead!
PS: I can’t believe my blog turns seven next month!! It’s been quite the wild ride, and I wouldn’t have been able to do any of it without you. I’m so thankful and grateful for all of you – my hilarious, smart, creative, strong and loyal followers. Every comment, DM, email, and SnapChat message you send puts a smile on my face and reminds me daily why I love blogging. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for continuing to follow along on this digital journey with me! You are the best. Much love to you and yours this holiday season!!
FAVORITE OUTFITS OF 2017
Here’s a roundup of my ten favorite looks this year! I actually have several favorites I shot in NYC, but those won’t be coming to the blog until after the New Year… Which were your favorites?
FAVORITE MOMENTS & HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2017
CONTINUING ON MY FITNESS & HEALTH JOURNEY
While part of this highlight bleeds into last year, I’m still really proud of the progress I’ve made both in my fitness routine, diet and general well being. I’ve stuck to doing BBG three times a week, I go to FlyWheel three times a week, and now I’ve even added a personal trainer on two of the days I go to FlyWheel. So I’m now doing five days of circuit training (two of which I double up with FlyWheeL) with an additional day of cardio. For the most part, I eat pretty healthy during the week… BUT as you know I love to indulge in desserts and comfort foods when I’m out with friends or traveling. I’m still finding my balance with my diet and what works for me, but I feel like 2017 has taught me a bunch in that department. I’ve also been better about establishing a more comfortable work/life balance this year. I think having a dedicated office where I can do my work has really helped with that, so I can physically step away from my desk at the end of the day and unplug. I’ve also giving myself more breaks throughout the week by taking long walks with friends, listening to podcasts and generally just giving my eyes a break from the computer screen.
NEW ORLEANS TRIP IN APRIL WITH MY FAMILY
In April I traveled to New Orleans with my mom, stepdad, grandmother and sister and we had the best time! In addition to exploring the French Quarter, the World War II museum and shopping antiques, we ate some damn good food. I’m pretty sure I came back ten pounds heavier, but it was well worth it. Check out where we ate and what all we did in my city guide!
The biggest highlight of the year was absolutely moving into my new house this summer! Even with all the crazy construction, financial stress and other woes that come with home ownership, I’m so happy with how everything turned out and it’s been so fun getting it decorated! I loved having the opportunity to make the space my own. I still have a loooong way to go, but it’s felt like home since day one.
TURNING THE BIG 3-0
In July I turned the big 3-0, and my friends and family helped me celebrate in a really big and special way! My grandmother was so sweet to offer up her timeshare in San Diego for my friends and I to use for a long weekend, and once they left my family came out and the celebrations continued! I’m so blessed to have such a loving, supportive and incredibly fun group of friends and family.
I was super late to the game with this one, but it wasn’t until that trip to California in July that I first discovered podcasts!! I have to give my friend Mallory credit for this one, as she introduced me to My Favorite Murder while we were laying by the pool and talking about true crime… you Murderinos know what I’m talking about!!! I was hooked! I spent several days by the pool listening to episode after episode, and it didn’t stop there. I now listen to all kinds of podcasts on a regular basis: when I’m getting ready in the morning, on long walks, when I get my nails done, on the plane… It’s such a great form of entertainment and you learn stuff too. I also more recently discovered Audible, and now I’m listening to books on tape on the go too! It’s the best!
CHRISTMAS IN NEW YORK
I go to New York pretty regularly, usually 2-4 times a year, but there’s nothing quite like going during the holiday season! I had such a wonderful time enjoying the festive decor around the city, getting some gift shopping done, hanging out with old college friends and blogger buddies, and generally just getting in the holiday spirit. A trip to New York is always a good idea, and always, always memorable.
SPENDING MORE TIME WITH OLD FRIENDS, MAKING NEW ONES, AND DATING
While I certainly wish I could’ve traveled a bit more this year, it’s been pretty great being home as much as I have! I’ve had way more time to hang out with my best friends on a regular basis without interruption, I’ve made some great new friends in the last twelve months that I’m so grateful to have added to the mix, and have finally had a little time to date! I haven’t met the right guy yet, but it’s been fun going out and meeting new people the last several months!
BEST FASHION & BEAUTY BUYS OF 2017
Finally, here’s a rundown of the best beauty products, clothing items, accessories and home purchases I made this year:
- Ever since I chopped off my hair, this powder has been a go-to for adding sexy texture, grip and volume whenever I curl it. It’s so cheap and is so effective!!!
- This Jill Jill Stuart dress is absolutely on the list. Such a stunner! It’s fun and trendy for now, but I know it will look great year after year.
- These earrings are definitely a favorite purchase from this year! They’re super lightweight studs, but they pack quite the punch – so unique and pretty!
- This dresser/buffet I ordered (with the help of my mom – it’s quite an investment) earlier this year is a big highlight for my house. It completely ties my living room together and adds an effortless French elegance to the space. I’m head over heels in love!!! I just know it’s going to be a piece I have and cherish forever. See it in my space here.
- I’m shocked to admit this, but these white boots I purchased right before my New York trip have quickly become a weekly feature in my outfits. They are surprisingly versatile, super comfortable and oh-so-chic!
- I started using this purple toner once a week earlier this year after my colorist recommended it, and it does wonders for keeping my blonde hair platinum! The violet shade of the toner diminishes brassy tones and keeps your blonde color cooler between appointments.
- I love all of my handbags, but the one find I’m probably most proud of this year is this little Tory Burch bag. It is so unique! You can wear it on your wrist or as a clutch, and looks great day or night. I’ve received countless compliments on it every time I’ve worn it – people have just never seen anything like it! PS – it’s on sale right now. Get it and thank me later.
- This Miu Miu coat I scored at the Prada Outlet in Palm Springs is a big winner from this year. The colors and mod vibes give me all the feels and make me so happy!
- This one-shoulder blouse is sold out now, but I wore it repeatedly this year. So versatile and a great spring/summer basic!
- If you’re looking for a fab-fitting pair of skinny jeans, I made two discoveries this year that have been my go-to’s for months now. Veronica Beard’s Kate skinny and the Citizens of Humanity Sculpt can’t be beat!! Skinny all the way to the ankle and a great high-rise fit.
- I’ve been using this base mascara for the last few months in addition to my NeuLASH and Clump Crusher mascara, and it’s been the perfect way give my lashes some extra oomph. The extra layer makes lashes appear thicker and longer – so good!